We cats are always happy for a laugh, and we must say the nut cases over at the Heritage Foundation have just given us one. They've announced the creation of their new "Breitbart Awards" for journalism.
Conflating the late, totally-not-lamented, right-wing Internet terrorist with honest reporters is so patently absurd, we almost passed on compiling the following list. But we knew you were waiting for it, so here we go.
Naming a journalism award after Andrew Breitbart is like:
- Naming a day care center after John Wayne Gacy.
- Naming an AA meeting room after John Boehner.
- Naming a hospital after Rick Scott.
- Naming a university after Sarah Palin.
- Naming a women's shelter after Rush Limbaugh.
- Naming a senior citizens' center after Paul Ryan.
- Naming an abortion clinic after Bubba Carpenter.
- Naming a bridge after Dharun Ravi.
- Naming a fitness center after Chris Christie.
- Naming airports, turnpikes, federal buildings and everything else the Republicans can possibly think of after Ronald Reagan. Oh, wait — they already did that.